Monday, April 13, 2015

Lingustic Paper Reflections

After listening to Mr. Tangen's audio comments on my paper, I realize that although the paper was well written overall, there are several things I could've done better. The first aspect that is mentioned is the use of Chicago Style. If I were to rewrite this paper, I would incorporate my sources more into the text rather than just putting it all at the end. I was supposed to cite the information inside the text more accurately. When I used words such as "according to", I would have incorporated more specific information into the text such as the year in which the study was published, etc. Also, I would've thought of a creative title instead of just briefly naming the topic of the paper. I should have payed more attention to accurately writing the paper in Chicago Style.

Another thing I would have done differently is diction. The paper was supposed to be written in a formal diction, however, I missed a little bit on that. My paper was written with a rather more informal diction, different from what was expected. So I would've focused a lot on making my paper sound formal, doing things such as eliminating exclamation marks and use a more formal vocabulary.

Finally, I could have chosen a topic with more potential for argument. Although I did pose a question at the end of the paper, a more debatable topic could have been better.


















 













No comments:

Post a Comment